- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 ounces 72% bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 arbol chile pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon whole allspice berries
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- Fresh whipped cream, to top
- Chile powder, to top
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the milk, chocolate, chile pepper, cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, peppercorns, allspice and cayenne. Simmer, whisking until the chocolate has melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to infuse for 15 minutes, then return to medium heat and warm until hot.
2. Strain through a fine mesh strainer and add the Grand Marnier. Top with whipped cream and a dusting of chile powder and serve.
Recipe taken from tastingtable.com