- 1 pound peeled Yukon potatoes, all approximately same size
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for boiling water
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Boil peeled potatoes in salted water on high heat for 25 to 30 minutes (depending on size of potato), or until soft.
- Drain the potatoes and place them in a bowl, mashing and kneading them with your hands.
- Add salt, coriander, cumin, and cayenne to the potatoes.
- Mix spices and potatoes all together in the bowl, kneading until seasoned evenly. Form patties approximately 2 inches in diameter and 1/4 inch thick.
- Pour the bread crumbs on a plate, distributing evenly. Now, coat patties in bread crumbs by dredging all sides evenly.
- Add 2 tablespoons canola oil to a skillet on medium heat. Once oil is hot, but not smoking, fry patties in batches, being careful not to crowd the pan. Cook until they are golden on one side, then carefully flip the patties with a spatula so they brown evenly on both sides. Add more oil if needed as you are cooking. Drain on paper towels.*Serve hot with salsa or ketchup.