- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Sift all dry ingredients except the sugar together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Combine contents of both bowls together to form a cohesive cookie dough.
- Now, using your hands, make small balls about 1 inch in diameter with the dough. Place these balls 2 inches apart on a nonstick baking sheet or line a shallow sheet pan with aluminum foil and fill.
- Bake these in the oven for 12–15 minutes or until just medium brown. Cool on a rack and store in airtight containers. Should last for up to 2 weeks.