- 175 g (6oz) butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200 g (3½oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 125g (4½oz) caster sugar
- 30g (1oz) plain flour
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Grease a 2 liter baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and gently stir through half the chopped chocolate until melted.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until they become pale and thick. Pour in the chocolate mixture, then sift in the flour. Add in the remaining chocolate and using a spatula, fold the mixture together until it is evenly combined.
- Bake 20 minutes. When cooked, the pudding should be slightly firm around the sides but the centre should still be wobbly. Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream.