- 1 8 oz brie cheese wheel, room temperature
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- egg wash (1 egg + 1 tbsp water)
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Cranberry sauce (enough for 2 baked brie wheels): 6 oz cranberries, 1/4 cup honey, 2 tbsp brown sugar, ¼ tsp ground cinnamon, pinch of ground nutmeg, ⅓ cup water, ½ tsp orange zest, 1 tbsp fresh orange juice, 1 tsp Grand Marnier
- Crackers to serve
- Make cranberry sauce: In a small saucepan, bring water, cranberries, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg to simmer, for about 8 minutes. Then add orange juice, zest, and Grand Marnier, stir, and continue to simmer until thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On a lightly floured surface, gently roll out the puff pastry sheets. Spread an even layer of cranberry sauce on top of the brie wheel, top with chopped walnuts. Wrap in pastry with the seam side down. Using the other pastry sheet, cut out your favorite decorative shapes with a cookie cutter. Place on top of the wrapped brie, and brush the surface with egg wash. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes, to prevent cheese from oozing out too much. Serve on a platter with crackers or toasted bread slices.