- 1½ pounds ground beef
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces Brie, rind removed and cheese cut into 4 slices
- ¼ cup fig preserves, divided, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 brioche hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Dijon mustard, for serving
- Mayonnaise, for serving
- Tomato slices, for serving
- Arugula, for serving
1. Light a grill. Season the ground beef with salt and pepper, and form into eight 4-inch patties. Place a slice of Brie over half of the patties and spread 1 tablespoon of fig preserves over each slice of Brie. Top with the remaining 4 patties, pinching at the edges to seal.
3. Arrange the bottoms of the toasted buns on a platter and slather with fig preserves, Dijon and mayo. Top with a burger, tomato slices, lettuce and the remaining tops of the buns, then serve.