- 3 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup cream of coconut
- One 1-inch piece ginger, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup honey, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- Chopped candied ginger, for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together all the ingredients, minus the candied ginger, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Let cool completely, then refrigerate overnight. Make sure you freeze the bowl of an ice cream maker during this time.
2. The next day, strain the base into the bowl of the ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s directions. Scrape into a shallow dish and freeze for at least 4 hours. Scoop the ice cream into bowls and drizzle with honey. Garnish with chopped candied ginger, then serve.