- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small baguettes, split lengthwise and toasted
- 4 slices canadian bacon, cooked
- 10 ounces pork pâté, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup shredded daikon
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
1. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and Sriracha until smooth, then set aside.
2. In a large bowl, season the ground pork with the five-spice powder, salt and pepper. Shape the seasoned meat into 2 rectangular patties and brush with the olive oil.
3. Light a grill, or alternatively heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties and sear until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the patties to a plate and let rest for 3 minutes, then halve each crosswise.
4. On a cutting board, lay out the bottom of both baguettes. Slather each with some of the Sriracha mayo and top each with 2 halves of the burgers. Divide the Canadian bacon, pâté, carrots, daikon, cilantro and lettuce leaves between each burger. Place the tops of the baguette over top and cut each sandwich in half crosswise, then serve.