For the Garlic Butter:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
For the Long Beans:
- 1 pound Chinese long beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons melted garlic butter
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
1. Make the garlic butter: In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes until fragrant but not browned. Remove from the heat.
2. Skim the foam from the top of the butter and slowly pour the butter through a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl. Discard the milky solids and garlic. Keep the skimmed butter warm over medium-low heat. Make ahead: The butter can be made and refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
3. Make the long beans: Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium-hot heat.
4. In a large mixing bowl, toss the beans with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Grill the beans, turning often, until just tender and lightly charred in spots, 6 to 8 minutes.
6. Transfer the beans to a serving bowl and drizzle with the warm garlic butter. Sprinkle with the parsley and season with more salt and pepper. Toss and serve.