- 200g cracked wheat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 large ripe figs, cut into quarters
- 50g pecan nuts, broken into pieces
- 120g good-quality blue cheese, loosely crumbled
- 100g rocket
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dressing: classic French vinaigrette
Warm the cracked wheat and 1 tbsp olive oil over over a low heat. Add 400ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer with a lid on for 15 minutes until the lid puffs up. Separate the trains with a fork and leave to cool.
Mix together the figs, pecans and cheese in a large bowl with the rocket.
Add the lemon juice and some olive oil, then carefully add the cracked wheat. Mix thoroughly, season and serve.