- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced lengthways into wedges
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into large dice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme leaves
- 500g (1lb 2oz) baby new potatoes, unpeeled and halved
- 12 sausages, pricked with a fork
- 200ml (7fl oz) white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas 7.
Place all the ingredients except the wine in a large, resealable freezer bag. Seal the bag shut and shake well to coat everything in the oil. Alternatively, put everything in a large bowl and turn the ingredients until they are fully coated in the oil. Tip into a large roasting tin, spreading the ingredients out into one even layer and ensuring that the sausages aren’t covered by any of the vegetables. Season well with salt and pepper.
Roast for about 30–35 minutes until golden, then remove from the oven, turn the sausages over and toss the vegetables in the cooking juices. Pour in the wine and return to the oven for a further 20 minutes or until browned and the sausages are cooked and the potatoes tender. Serve hot with a dollop of mustard on the side.