- 2 eggs
- 2-3 slices of Roma tomato
- 2-3 tbsp homemade or purchased pesto
- Grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread, for serving
Homemade Basil Walnut Pesto
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Heat oven to 180ºC. In a ceramic ramekin or small single-serving baking dish, crack 2 eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Layer tomato slices. Top with 2 to 3 tablespoons of pesto and some grated Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Bake in oven about 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set but still runny. Eat with bread.