- 2 aubergines, grilled and roasted
- ½ inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- 1 red chilli, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 15g black onion seeds
- 75g plain yoghurt
- 100g tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50ml olive oil
1. Place the aubergines in a griddle pan with no oil over a medium heat, until the skin is burnt.
2. Transfer the aubergine to a non-stick tray and cook at 180C for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven and, when cool, cut in half, lengthways. Scoop out the flesh and place in a strainer for 10 minutes to let any water drain off, then roughly chop or pulse in a food processor.
4. Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan, and sauté the garlic, ginger and chilli until soft. Stir through the aubergine and tahini. Season. Cook for a further 5 minutes before adding the onion seeds and lemon juice.
5. Remove from the heat and fold in the yoghurt. Serve with aubergine crisps (recipe available at ) or your choice of crudités.