- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or chopped)
- 2.5 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ounce Kahlua or 1/2 ounce Bourbon
- whipped cream and caramel for topping (optional)
- In a saucepan over low-medium heat, melt the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the milk, whisking often (about 3 minutes).
- Once melted, add the rest of the milk, the pumpkin and the pumpkin pie spice and stir vigorously to incorporate.
- Pour a small amount of the hot chocolate into two serving glasses, add one ounce of Kahlua OR one-half ounce of bourbon (bourbon is much stronger in taste). Top off with hot chocolate, stir and then top with whipped cream, caramel sauce and more pumpkin pie spice (optional).