- 1kg floury potatoes
- 55g cooked ham, cubed
- 25g buffalo mozzarella, cubed
- 150g provola cheese (or mozzarella), cubed
- 55g parmesan, freshly grated
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsps fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A knob of unsalted butter
- 4 tbsps white breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas Mark 4).
Step 2: Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender, then drain and peel. Pass them through a potato ricer to make a purée, then mix with the ham, cheeses, beaten eggs, parsley and some salt and pepper.
Step 3: Use the butter to grease a round 25cm cake tin, and dust with some of the breadcrumbs. Spoon the potato mixture into this, and press gently with a fork to give some shape. Sprinkle with the remaining breadcrumbs, then trickle over the olive oil.
Step 4: Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until browned on top. Serve in slices. The cake is very good warm, but also tastes excellent served cold.