1. In a medium bowl, combine the turkey and buttermilk. Toss to coat, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and the pepper, then set aside.
3. In a blender, combine the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt with the maple syrup and cranberry sauce. Purée until smooth.
4. In a 6-quart Dutch oven, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350° and line a plate with paper towels. Working 1 at a time, dredge the turkey in flour, then dip back in the buttermilk and dredge in flour again. Repeat this process until all of the turkey has been dredged twice.
5. Heat a waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s directions. In a medium bowl, mix the stuffing with enough water to reach the same moisture as when it came out of the oven. Spread the stuffing in an even layer in the iron and cook until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, working in 2 batches, fry the turkey until golden brown and reheated, 3 to 4 minutes per batch. Transfer to the prepared plate to drain, seasoning immediately with salt.
7. Lay the waffles on a platter and top with the fried turkey. Drizzle with the cranberry maple syrup and serve.