- ¼ teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- One 10-ounce package frozen spinach—finely chopped, thawed and squeezed dry
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups (about 2 ounces) finely grated Parmesan using a microplane
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped dill, plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt, to taste
- Assorted vegetables (such as carrots, snap peas, radishes and endive), for serving
1. In a small bowl, pour 2 teaspoons of hot water over the saffron threads. Steep until the water has turned a deep and unmistakable orange, about 15 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients along with the saffron. Season with salt and stir using a rubber spatula until well combined. For a creamier consistency, transfer the dip to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
3. Garnish the dip with more dill and serve with assorted vegetables.