- 200g cooked brown rice (uncooked weight is 100g; I generally use leftovers from dinner)
- 250ml coconut milk (unsweetened; from a carton) or mix it up with Plenish almond milk here.
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- 30g plain cashews (not roasted, salted or sweetened), roughly chopped
- pinch of ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp raw clear honey or maple syrup, to serve (optional)
- handful of berries,to serve (optional)
In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked brown rice with the coconut milk, desiccated coconut, cashews, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Mix well and then pop it in the fridge and leave overnight.
Heat the following morning for 5 minutes over a medium to gentle heat, ensuring that the rice is thoroughly reheated. Drizzle the honey or maple syrup over the top, if using, but try it without first. Finish by sprinkling over the berries, if using.