- 500g (1 lb 2 oz) nuts and seeds, such as almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts or pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 5 fresh dates or prunes, stones removed
- 100g (3½ oz) raisins
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey (flower honey is best)
Process half of the nuts and seeds in a blender until quite finely ground. Repeat with the rest of the nuts and seeds. Transfer all the blended nuts and seeds to a mixing bowl.
Put the dates and raisins in the blender and run it at full speed until they are finely chopped.
Mix the cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla powder and sea salt into the blended nuts, and stir in the chopped dates and raisins.
Drizzle over the maple syrup or honey. Bring the dough together with your fingers.
Press out the dough in a cake shape that measures approximately 22 cm (8½ inches) in diameter, or press it out into six small portions.
- Plain yogurt
- Fresh fruit
- Dark chocolate flakes
- Lemon balm, mint or chervil
- Sour cream