- 1 small celeriac, peeled and chopped
- olive oil
- 4 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 1 whole broccoli, broken into small florets
- 150g (1 cup) unsalted raw cashew nuts, soaked overnight
- 300ml (2¼ cups) plant based milk. Find Plenish almond/cashew milk here.
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- a handful of fresh chives, chopped
- pink Himalayan salt or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp milled flaxseed 150g (1 cup)
- wholewheat flour 150g (1 cup) spelt flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Place the celeriac in a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast in the hot oven for 30 minute
- After the 30 minutes is up, add the leeks to the celeriac and roast for a further 15 minute
- Make the sauce by draining the cashews and blending in a food processor until broken apart and then add the remaining ingredients, apart from the chives, with a pinch of salt and black pepper and blend on full power for about 3 minutes until totally smooth.
- Stir in the chopped chives and set aside while you make the pastry.
- Mix together the flaxseed with 2 tablespoons water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine both the flours and the salt. Then add the olive oil and 90ml (1/3 cup) cold water, plus more if needed, and mix together. Once thickened, add the flaxseed mixture to the bowl and use your hands to fully combine the mixture, until it all comes together.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 5mm thick and 6-7cm wider than the diameter of your pie dish.
- Combine the roasted vegetables with the broccoli and the sauce to make the filling. Spoon into the pie dish.
- Carefully drape the pastry over the pie dish. Use your thumb and forefinger to crimp the pastry edges around the rim to seal and, using a sharp knife, make a small cross in the centre of the pastry lid.
- Bake in .the hot oven for 40-45 minutes until cooked through.