- 1 sweet potato
- Olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, minced or finely diced
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp smoked paparika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (add more if you like it spicy!)
- 1 small can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small handful coriander, finely chopped
- ½ red cabbage, shredded
- ½ white cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- ½ apple, grated
- 1 beetroot, grated
- 30g pumpkin seeds (lightly toasted)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Peel the sweet potato and dice into small chunks (about 1cm squares) and place on an oiled baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes until tender.
3. Heat a little olive oil in the pan and add the chicken. Cook for 3 minutes then add the spices, combine well and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes.
4. Add the sweetcorn, green pepper and sweet potato then cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Take off the heat and stir in the coriander. Season with a little salt and pepper.
6. Make the slaw by adding all the ingredients in a large bowl and combining well.
7. Serve a small bowl of the Cajun chicken with the lettuce wraps and coleslaw.