- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 4 overripe bananas, mashed
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing pan
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 10”x5”x 31⁄2” loafpan
and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking soda, nutmeg, salt and baking powder. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and combine with the mashed bananas. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix together until just combined. Stir in the melted butter until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake until golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.