- 1/2 ounce lemongrass syrup, recipe below
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- A barspoon Licor 43
- One dash lime bitters
- Prosecco (I used Mionetto Prosecco Brut)
- Lime peel twist or lemongrass, for garnish
For lemongrass syrup
- 3 stalks lemongrass, white and light green part only, sliced
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup water
- To make the lemongrass syrup, combine ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or so. Remove from heat, cover, and let steep for an hour or so. Strain and chill completely. This will yield about a cup of syrup, enough for about 16 of these cocktails.
- To make the cocktail, combine lemongrass syrup, lime juice, Licor 43, and bitters in a chilled champagne glass and give it a nice little stir to combine. (If you’re making a bunch of these, of course, it would be a great idea to shake the ingredients in a shaker with ice.) Top with prosecco and garnish as desired.