- 1 lb. medium whole wheat pasta shells
- 1 jar (24 oz.) best quality pasta sauce of choice (tomato based)
- 3/4 cup sliced black, green, or mixed olives
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 1-1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups part skim shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup lightly packed basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, combine pasta, sauce, three cups water, olives, capers, and red pepper.
2. Cover dish tightly with foil and bake 35 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover, and stir mixture well.
3. Top with cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Top with basil just prior to serving.