- 200g plain chocolate, roughly chopped
- 170g salted butter
- 250ml Asda Extra Special Cabernet Sauvignon
- 250g caster sugar
- 75g light brown soft sugar
- 130g plain flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp instant coffee, dissolved in 1tbsp boiling water
- 1 tbsp cocoa, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3. Grease and line a rectangular baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof mixing bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the wine, followed by the sugar, then the flour, eggs, vanilla and coffee. Stir until evenly combined, then pour into the tin.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 30-40mins until a light crust has formed and a knife, when inserted into the centre of the brownie, comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool fully, then cut into 12 squares and dust with a little cocoa powder.