- 3 slices (5 ounces) thick-cut bacon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 9 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and finely chopped
- 6 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces smoked blue cheese, softened
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat the bacon over medium-high heat. Cook, turning as needed, until the bacon is golden and the fat has rendered, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, then finely chop and set aside.
2. Add the garlic and onions to the pan and cook, stirring often, until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts and spinach, and cook until the spinach is lightly wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir the cream cheese, blue cheese, 1 cup of the Parmesan, sour cream and hot sauce until smooth. Fold in the spinach and artichoke mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Transfer to a 1½-quart casserole dish and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. In a small bowl, mix the remaining ½ cup of Parmesan with the reserved bacon, panko and olive oil. Sprinkle the bread crumb topping over the dip and place the casserole dish on a sheet pan in case any cheese bubbles over.
5. Bake until golden brown and bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes, then serve.