- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2 pieces
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed Sunkist® orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Mix the chili powder, coriander and salt in a large, shallow bowl; roll the pork in the mixture.
- Put the pork in a slow-cooker. Add any extra seasoning that did not stick to the pork.
- In a small bowl whisk together the tomato paste, freshly squeezed Sunkist® orange juice, vinegar and garlic.
- Pour over the pork and add onion.
- Cover. Set the cooker on low and let cook for 8 hours or until tender. Serve as desired (taco filing, chili or as a sandwich).
- Note: For extra flavor, mix excess broth with pork after pulling it. You can also thicken the cooking juice with a little cornstarch.