LEMON OLIVE VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup pitted and finely chopped olives (Castelvetrano or Kalamata)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed Sunkist Meyer lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 (1 1/2- to 2-pound) flank steak
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon Sunkist® lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
LEMON OLIVE VINAIGRETTE
- Whisk together the olives, parsley, oregano or basil, fresh garlic, freshly squeezed Sunkist Meyer lemon juice, olive oil and kosher salt and pepper.
- Set aside while grilling the steak.
- Trim the meat of any outer pieces of fat and silver skin. Put the steak in a large sealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl whisk together fresh garlic, Sunkist® lemon zest, olive oil, wine and kosher salt until well combined.
- Pour the marinade into the plastic bag with the steak, press out any air, then seal the bag closed. Move meat around in the bag to coat well.
- Marinate refrigerated for at least 1 hour, or up to 4 hours, turning the bag a few times.
- To grill the steak, prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high/high.
- Remove steak from marinade and drain well. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Season steak liberally with salt and pepper on each side and grill for about 5 to 6 minutes per side, for medium-rare, or cook to desired doneness.
- Let steak rest for about 5 minutes before serving, allowing juices to settle.
- Thinly slice on the diagonal, across the grain, but making sure to keep the slices together.
- Once ready to serve, top with the Sunkist lemon olive vinaigrette.