CITRUS COMPOTE INGREDIENTS
- 2 Navel or Cara Cara Navel oranges, peeled, pith removed, separated into segments discarding the membrane
- 2 mandarins or tangerines, peeled, pith removed, separated into segments discarding the membrane
- 2 blood oranges, peeled, pith removed, separated into segments discarding the membrane
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (Meyer lemon preferred)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (can substitute whole wheat or gluten free flour)
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour (or rice flour if gluten free)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- pinch salt
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces mascarpone, whipped
- 2 ounces, chunky, mixed citrus marmalade or another marmalade, warmed
- 6 tablespoons honey or maple syrup, heated until hot and liquid
- Combine all citrus segments and juice, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, eggs, honey, juice and salt. Add the milk and mix until smooth. Brown the butter and whisk into the batter. Let the mixture rest for 2 hours.
- Heat a sauté pan (crepes are ideally made in a 10-11 inch sauté pan) over medium heat. Spray with oil and reduce heat to medium-low. Measure about 2 ounces of batter per crepe and pour into the sauté pan. Tilt the pan to evenly spread the batter over the surface of the pan until brown. Using a heat resistant spatula, gently turn the crepe over to cook on the other side until lightly caramelized. Repeat the steps for each crepe holding them in a warm oven.
- Smear 1-2 teaspoons of the warmed marmalade on one side of the crepe. Fold the crepe in half, then again into a quarter.
- To serve, place 2 crepes, slightly overlapping on a warm plate. Add a dollop of about 1-2 tablespoons whipped mascarpone. Drizzle with warm honey or maple syrup. Add a portion of the citrus compote and serve.