For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 x 250g rump steaks, ideally around 3cm thick
For the marinade:
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1/3 lemon
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
For the salad:
- 80g flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 artichoke hearts, quartered
- 100g rocket
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 70g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts (optional)
1. First make the dressing by combining all the ingredients and shaking them together in a jar.
2. Trim the harder fat off the steaks, brush them with oil and season both sides with a little salt.
3. Heat a griddle or heavy-based pan and add the meat once hot. Cook for 4 minutes on each side. If you prefer your steak well done, then leave it for another 1-2 minutes on each side.
4. Meanwhile, make the marinade. Whisk together all the ingredients in a dish big enough to accommodate the cooked steaks.
5. Place the steaks in the marinade for 8 minutes, turning them halfway through. Then remove them to a board and slice them thinly on the diagonal.
6. While the meat rests, combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour over three-quarters of the dressing and toss everything together.
7. To serve, place the sliced steak on a bed of the salad and pour over the rest of the dressing. Scatter with toasted pine nuts if so desired.