For the Cheese Breads:
- 4 cups tapioca flour
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 6 eggs
- 3 ounces nduja sausage
- 1 cup (2 ounces) grated white cheddar
- 1 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan
- Nonstick cooking spray
For the Whipped Goat Cheese:
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the tapioca flour with the salt.
2. In a small saucepan, bring the milk, water and oil to a simmer over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat and, with the motor running on low, slowly pour it over the flour. Mix until combined and the mixture has cooled slightly, then add the eggs, one at a time, making sure each is combined before adding the next.
3. Add the nduja and the cheeses, and mix until incorporated, then cover the bowl in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a mini-muffin tray. Working in batches, scoop 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin tin. Bake until golden brown and puffed, 15 to 20 minutes.
5. While the breads bake, make the whipped goat cheese: In a mini food processor, combine all the ingredients, except for the basil, and purée until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and garnish with the basil.
6. Transfer the cheese breads to a tray and serve warm alongside the whipped goat cheese.