- 1-1/2 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1/2 large chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 4 oz (1/2 can) tomato sauce (I like Goya)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp alcaparrado (capers or green olives would work too)
- Press saute button, when hot brown meat and season with salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to break the meat up into small pieces until no longer pink.
- Add onion, garlic, tomato, salt, pepper and cilantro and stir 1 minute, add alcaparrado or olives and about 2 tbsp of the brine (the juice from the olives, this adds great flavor) cumin, and bay leaf. Add tomato sauce and 3 tablespoons of water and mix well. Cover and cook high pressure 15 minutes.