- 3pounds russet potatoes (about 6; peeled if desired), cut into 2-inch chunks
- kosher salt and cracked pepper
- 1cup grated Parmesan (4 ounces)
- 3/4cup ricotta
- 3/4cup whole milk
- 8tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut up
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add 2 teaspoons salt and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and return the potatoes to the pot.
- Add the Parmesan, ricotta, milk, butter, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper to the potatoes and mash to the desired consistency.