- 1 (10 count) package of pre-made refrigerated biscuits
- 24 oz canola oil (for frying)
- ¼ cup raspberry jelly or jam (or feel free to use your favorite flavor)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Separate biscuits and flatten them so diameter is about 4 inches.
- Place about a teaspoon of jelly or jam in the center of each biscuit. Bring the edges together to form a ball. Pinch it closed at the top to seal in the filling.
- When all 10 ponchik are ready, pour the oil in a saucepan and bring to 350 degrees F. While waiting for the oil to reach temperature, pour sugar and cinnamon onto a plate.
- When oil is ready, use a slotted spoon to lower ponchik into oil. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until the dough is cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove from oil with slotted spoon and place on plate with cinnamon sugar. Gently roll the ponchik to coat. Be careful, ponchik will be hot.