For the Hazelnut Maple Syrup:
- 1 cup hazelnut butter
- ¾ cup, plus 2 tablespoons, maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tablespoon salt
For the Pancakes:
1. Make the hazelnut maple syrup: In a small bowl, whisk all of the syrup ingredients together until smooth, then set aside.
2. Make the pancakes: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, malted milk powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In another bowl, whisk the buttermilk and eggs until smooth. Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until incorporated, then whisk in the melted butter. Make sure not to overmix the batter.
4. Heat two 6-inch nonstick skilletsover medium heat. Spray each with cooking spray, then add ½ cup of batter to each pan. Let cook until small bubbles appear on the surfaces of the pancakes and the bottoms are golden brown, 1½ to 2 minutes.
5. Carefully flip each pancake and let cook until puffed and golden on the bottoms, 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and continue until you’ve used up all the batter. You should have 16 pancakes.
6. Divide the pancakes between plates, then top with the hazelnut maple syrup and serve.