- 2 tsp (10g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (30g) unflavoured whey protein (or your favourite vegan protein powder)
- 1/4 cup (30g) buckwheat flour or gluten free plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsweetened applesauce
- ~1/2 cup almond milk (use only as much as needed!)
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Maple syrup or stevia, to taste (use as much or as little as you like, depending on your tastes)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup or liquid stevia, to taste
- Enough water to make a thick sauce
In a bowl, mix all of your pancake ingredients, adding enough milk to make a reasonably thick pancake batter and sweetening to taste.
Cook your pancakes in a lightly greased non-stick frying pan over a medium-low heat, flipping as soon as the underside of your pancakes is cooked and cooking just until your pancake is cooked through. Be careful not to overcook your pancakes so they don’t dry out!
Note: The batter will NOT bubble so keep an eye on it and flip it as soon as the underside is cooked!
Whilst your pancakes are cooking, make your chocolate sauce (if using!) adding enough water to make a thick sauce and sweetening to taste.
Serve your pancakes in a stack, topping with your chocolate sauce and any other desired toppings.