To make your crêpes more colourful (and healthier) swap the milk in your batter for beetroot juice.
- 30g unsalted butter melted (plus more for frying)
- 150g plain flour
- 150ml milk
- 175ml beetroot juice
1. Melt the butter and let cool a little.
2. Pour the flour into a bowl, whisk in the egg, milk and juice. Stir in the melted butter just before you’re ready to cook.
3. Heat a crêpe pan or equivalent with a little butter and ladle a thin layer of batter into the pan then quickly swirl so that the batter forms a thin pancake covering the base of the pan. This will cook in a minute, so flip it and cook for 30 seconds to a minute on the other side, then remove to a layer of baking paper.
4. Continue with the rest of the batter, this mix should make six. Serve with syrup, crème fraîche and berries. Or for a savoury option, spinach and ricotta would work well.