- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- One 18-inch-long French baguette
- 6 marinated artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
- Lemon wedges, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 500º. In a medium bowl, mix together ¼ cup of the Parmesan, the cream cheese, lemon juice and nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Set aside for later.
2. In a large bowl, add the frozen spinach and submerge in hot water. Allow the spinach to sit for about 1 minute, then using your fingers, break it up until it completely thaws. Using a cheesecloth, squeeze the spinach dry. Dry the bowl and add the spinach back in. Mix in ½ cup of the reserved cheese mixture and season with more salt if needed.
3. Slice the baguette in half lengthwise and place cut-side-up on a sheet pan. Spread the remaining cheese mixture evenly on the top slice of the baguette. Then spread the creamed spinach mixture evenly over the bottom slice, and shingle the marinated artichokes evenly on top. Bake the sandwich open-faceduntil golden brown, 10 minutes. Squeeze a lemon wedge over the artichoke, close the sandwich and slice in half. Serve hot with additional lemon wedges.